Friday, September 4, 2009

Blue Dreams of Brown

I used to work for a small non-profit publisher out of the City University of New York. At one point, our offices were on the City College campus at 138th Street and Convent Ave in one of the original CCNY 1910 buildings.

Our UPS man was a fine specimen of Latin masculinity. His name was Augusto and he was big and muscular, good-looking with dark hair and eyes, white teeth, black moustache and the deepest dimples. He was also very nice and had charm for days. The office was 100% female and we used to refer to Augusto as the UPS Hunk.

I was the person in charge of shipping so I had to deal with Augusto the most. We got along famously. He used to call me "Saracita" or "Mamacita" and I used to call him "Robusto" or "Papi chulo" though occasionally I'd call him "Papi CULO" when he was being a jerk. It was the typical meaningless, make-work-easier-and-more-enjoyable flirtation. We were comfortable with each other. (He was hot after one of my co-workers, Jenn Dorr, a goddess whom I used to refer to as "The Temple of Jenn Door") Anyway . . .

One night a few weeks after we moved up to the City College location and my relationship with Augusto was quite new, I had a very strange dream about him. All I remember of it was being either in mid-town Manhattan or Herald Square in the pouring rain and Augusto was there with his UPS truck, except that it was a HUGE truck, almost 18-wheeler. For some reason I had to make sure that all of these folding chairs were arranged in rows in the back of the truck and when I went into the container, Augusto was there STARK NAKED! I just looked at his face in my dream, realized he was naked and high-tailed it out of there. I didn't even check out the package! (If anyone wants to interpret this for me, please feel free to leave it in the comments.)

Well, the next day I told Augusto that I had had a dream about him and he was naked. He turned bright red. Then I told him that I didn't look and he said, "Why not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment