Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Eli's Coming

So, I get home tonight and I tell Saint Jerome, "I saw an Eli Wallach DVD at the 99-cent store today." "Why didn't you buy it?" I wanted to get home to you, plus I'm not exactly sure which movie it was, Samurai or something." So I look it up on IMDB and the only movie I can come up with is Il bianco, il giallo, il nero, the Canadian title of which is Samurai. All this time, Saint Jerome is talking about Laura Nero and the song, "Eli's Coming", telling me to Google it. I Google it and I find Three Dog Night's version on Youtube. I start playing it when the phone rings. The name on our Caller ID is [lastname], Eli! Who in hell in ELI [LASTNAME]?!! Some wavelength. We listen to the machine to find out who is calling. It's our doctor whose name is NOT Eli [lastname] calling about Saint Jerome's colonoscopy tomorrow. Our doctor took over a retired doctor's practice. A doctor named ELI! 

No comments:

Post a Comment